English Thread!!!

Someone has tried to learn through phonetics words? // incorrect
Has someone tried to learn through phonetic words? // correct

I don't get very well what you're asking, though. However, I think it is really important to understand those phonetic symbols that you can find ina dictionary besides the word. I say so mainly because when speaking English some people mix it bad with spanish speaking form, which means they are pronouncing letters that dont even exist.

For better learning, you need to work on the 4 skills at time, otherwise you'll feel stuck.

Good luck

Phonetics mean that you learn words as you listen to them, for example: Tomorrow = tumorrou.
Is a quick way to learn especially new words in an speaking environment, as your brain identifies and understands those new words in a direct way.

But is not recommended as the only way to learn English because you also must learn proper grammar and proper writing in order to fully master a new language. ]

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/learn-english/pronunciation/phonetics-introduction/
That's new for me, where i can get more info about that method?

Thanks.

Phonetics mean that you learn words as you listen to them, for example: Tomorrow = tumorrou.
Is a quick way to learn especially new words in an speaking environment, as your brain identifies and understands those new words in a direct way.

But is not recommended as the only way to learn English because you also must learn proper grammar and proper writing in order to fully master a new language. ]

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/learn-english/pronunciation/phonetics-introduction/

That is not phonetics, what you are using is something called "transliteration" which is using a specific notation on how the word sounds.

Phonetic transcription is, for instance:

Tomorrow: təˈmɒrəʊ

For which you need to know the sound, the phonetic triangle and every aspect of the sounds. Compared to transliteration is not easy and is mostly studied in Linguistics, therefore for an average learner won't be easy to grasp.

That is not phonetics, what you are using is something called "transliteration" which is using a specific notation on how the word sounds.

Phonetic transcription is, for instance:

Tomorrow: təˈmɒrəʊ

For which you need to know the sound, the phonetic triangle and every aspect of the sounds. Compared to transliteration is not easy and is mostly studied in Linguistics, therefore for an average learner won't be easy to grasp.
Thanks, always good to know new stuff and correct the wrong ones.

Cheers.....

• Me encanta
Reacciones: cenobiteguitar
Looking for tools to improve my speech skills, I found this page. Someone has tried to learn through phonetics words?

Someone has tried to learn through phonetics words? // incorrect
Has someone tried to learn through phonetic words? // correct

Well, this is a very old post but I guess @Clint meant to say "Has anyone tried learning English through phonetics?". In the following screenshot you can see the difference between the verb to try followed by infinitive and the verb plus gerund. Interesting thread btdubs.

Archivos adjuntos

• Screenshot_20171027-143157.png
    Screenshot_20171027-143157.png
    298.7 KB · Visitas: 207
  • Me gusta
Reacciones: Ricaraldo38
hey you guys sup, I trying to talk and understanding English with the best form possible, because in January I have a travel (usa) to induction for my work, maybe I have often mistakes but i think in this place you guys can help me, first: can we talk about something? like whats was your favorite gift that you receive in the past Christmas? for me: when I have a 7 or 8 years old my father give me a bicycle

i don't use any translator to write this post, just I tried ti write like I believe its the correct, thx a lot¡¡

hey you guys sup, I trying to talk and understanding English with the best form possible, because in January I have a travel (usa) to induction for my work, maybe I have often mistakes but i think in this place you guys can help me, first: can we talk about something? like whats was your favorite gift that you receive in the past Christmas? for me: when I have a 7 or 8 years old my father give me a bicycle

i don't use any translator to write this post, just I tried ti write like I believe its the correct, thx a lot¡¡
Hey you guys sup. No es correcto, tratando de impresionar a la gente con expresiones callejeras y luego demostrando un nivel muy básico en el idioma creará una imagen negativa.

Pruebe con cosas simples como : hello guys o hi guys, how are you?

Aquí va la transcripción de lo que ud. escribió con las correcciones gramaticales necesarias, evite' cambiar palabras o alterar sus expresiones.

I am trying to talk and understand English with the best form possible, because in January I have a trip to USA for induction for my job. Maybe I made some mistakes but I think in this place you guys can help me.
First: can we talk about anything? Like what was your favorite Christmas gift received during the past years? For me, when I was 7 or 8 years old, my father gave me a bicycle.

I didn't use any translator to write this post, I just tried to write like I believe is correct.

End of transcript

Congratulations on your job, and your coming trip. Try to make simple sentences, when writing and speaking. It will be easier for people to understand you, and also easier for you to transmit your ideas. Communication will flow and your English should improve faster.

Good luck!!

Once you get to the States, the environment should help a lot. One of my favorite Christmas gifts was seeing my mom after two years apart. It was Dec the 30th though haha

Hey you guys sup. No es correcto, tratando de impresionar a la gente con expresiones callejeras y luego demostrando un nivel muy básico en el idioma creará una imagen negativa.

Pruebe con cosas simples como : hello guys o hi guys, how are you?

Aquí va la transcripción de lo que ud. escribió con las correcciones gramaticales necesarias, evite' cambiar palabras o alterar sus expresiones.

I am trying to talk and understand English with the best form possible, because in January I have a trip to USA for induction for my job. Maybe I made some mistakes but I think in this place you guys can help me.
First: can we talk about anything? Like what was your favorite Christmas gift received during the past years? For me, when I was 7 or 8 years old, my father gave me a bicycle.

I didn't use any translator to write this post, I just tried to write like I believe is correct.

End of transcript

Congratulations on your job, and your coming trip. Try to make simple sentences, when writing and speaking. It will be easier for people to understand you, and also easier for you to transmit your ideas. Communication will flow and your English should improve faster.

Good luck!!

thanks for the tips, honestly i dont use "sup" for be impressive, just i think this word its very common in forums or friends.

i dont know how i can understand when a somebodyy try to talk with me because with my poor english in my mind just i try to translate any word.

Once you get to the States, the environment should help a lot. One of my favorite Christmas gifts was seeing my mom after two years apart. It was Dec the 30th though haha

thanks¡¡ wow the family its the most important, and well you gave me a good lesson, in this world we need thinking in some values and try to forget materials things, in usa just i need learn to understand when my tutors talk to me, and thinking in that making me nervous

Los últimos temas