La_cupula

ferrodri

Lanero Reconocido
2 Nov 2003
Hi guys, I'm looking for someone who provides me some information or keys about a 90's colombian hacking group called LA_CUPULA
I'm just attending a diploma on network security and I'd like to know whether was really true that group use the colombian channel in order to use IRC channel
I would be very pleased to get some information; so, It would be very interesting if some lanero was involved it.
yours faithfully, james

I'm sure there's plenty of users here that know about that group... I'm not one of those though...

Thread moved to the english forum.

yo James..
The cupula's was a group of no hackers. they're just simple persons to stay on an irc chat to meet people and talking shet theryselfs on #colombia in 1995. on my mind or what I know they don't hack nobody, to be honest.. they're doing nukes and DoS attacks from them, to another users on that irc server. right now.. Im dont have any information regarding to the cupula or anticupula.. those groups are already death.

Only few people still trying to join IRC. and make themself a tibute to their past but its realy stupid try to come back to their past.

for help with your information about IRC war in 1995, M$ (Microsoft) was unstable and their had a lot of vulnerabilities some people like them or anticupula. they does a little research on Altavista Web search, for exploits like nukes, boing on ports 25,6667,90,139 and the most important attack on IRC (Flooding)

Well James, I hope this theat, help a bit with your reseach. and stay calm :)
always are people tracking what anothers are doing :)

Well ... I was on IRC during those days and I was familiar with the colombian hacker scene. The Cupula was not really a hacking group, they were more like an IRC-war team (and a lame one). They started as a group to control the IRC channels under the Microsoft IRC Network (nowadays dead). The key problem was the MSN network closed channel and nickname registration and you never could register anything so basically the IRCwar was to control channels and to keep your nickname. The Cupula managed to control most of the colombian channels and some other ones were under the control of the AntiCupula (another group that was "figithing" the Cupula, most of them were "costeños" -from the colombian north coast-).

The Cupula used to scare newbies with their nukes and they claimed they had a powerfull nuke that could burn your motherboard ... they called it "La muerte negra" (The black death"), of couse something like that never existed. Tye claimed as well they could burn your modem (dialup) ... even if you were not using a modem ... the irony.

The colombian hacking scene was always pretty weak, most of the "hackers" were just script kiddies (even the couple of famous hackers), most of them even did not understand basic networking concepts. The colombian scene never produced real home made things, the couple of advanced hackers during those days who could program just ripped of the work from other people and claimed they did it. The only thing they were good at was social engineering.

ohhh yeah!
i remember now "La Muerte Negra".. je je je je
On that times, i was scare for that people, and one time, i even thinked that they burned my modem.
With a 1200Bps Modem what more can you do if not IRC? :p

Thks for the good histories from Krieg and s0n1c :)

lol! the cupula and the anticupula era, yep krieg is right they were just in irc wars, not hacking.

They make up things like krieg said, just for scary lame people o irc newbies.

the newspaper talked about em, i think the title of the article was "the life of a colombian hacker" in the el tiempo newspaper, and some other papers that i dont remmeber right now.

lol i have just remmember that some of the cupula's member came here to cartagena to fight a guy who just botter them, i mean real fight punch, kicking and that stuff.

because of that wars in the irc msn, they had to close that server and create a more secure way to chat: The MSN MESSENGER ;).

thank you very much for explanation. So I was thinking that hacking was a forbidden issue on Laneros.com but it's very interesting to know about these histories

yes it does James, hacking is a forbid topic on this comunity, and also is a felony.
the big Governments are stoping those acts, and they departaments like DAS or FBI and KGB covering europe. Im not pretty sure on names of departaments or federations around oceania and asia. but bet this thread they have!

Oh yes Viper, I know was a newspaper of cartagena, called EL UNIVERSAL.
haha was too funny because that person I dont that to say nicknames.. he spokes like I was there I was there.. I was doing that ..but he doesn't. but it not was a favor neither he was fame... of himself.. :)

lol.. Krieg, dont say it! we're old school counting you.. I think what I saw your nick somewhere.. I think it was on DALnet when msn dies or on msn itself

ferrodri dijo:
thank you very much for explanation. So I was thinking that hacking was a forbidden issue on Laneros.com but it's very interesting to know about these histories
There's nothing wrong about talking of hacking.. it's just information.

metro... "thinked" should be "thought" ;)

ferrodri dijo:

Hacking in the real meaning of the word is not forbidden.

s0n1c dijo:
lol.. Krieg, dont say it! we're old school counting you.. I think what I saw your nick somewhere.. I think it was on DALnet when msn dies or on msn itself

My old-school nickname was MetalMan. But I did not give much boleta.

hehe the whole world is a little place compared to the internet.

I had no idea you guys were running around before script kiddies ruined irc the first time

I used to play around on Undernet... I thought the kids in DalNEt and MSN were lame.... hehe... back then I used to play a lot with eggdrop bots...

I myself was one of those script kiddies flooding random morons with ICMP packets :p Although I didnt know some people called that "hacking" ... I just thought of it as fun..

*shame on me* ..

Los últimos mensajes

Los últimos temas