MOTORSPORTS (2015): NASCAR - IndyCar - MotoGP - WRC - Otros

• Iniciador del tema Miembro eliminado 44798
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
Ganó kyle bush, se perdió varias carreras por la fractura, a punta de victorias clasificó al chase y ahora es el campeón

• Me gusta
Reacciones: efmmjps
Ganó kyle bush, se perdió varias carreras por la fractura, a punta de victorias clasificó al chase y ahora es el campeón

Si no era Jeff pues que fuera Kyle. No quería a Harvick campeón y lastimosamente Truex no tiene suficiente auto para pelear campeonatos.

• Me gusta
Esos comentaristas mexicanos hacen poco agradable el ver una carrera.

Enviado desde mi G735-L23 mediante Tapatalk
En twitter no los bajan de (payasos, petardos, pelotudos, pelmazos, etc) ojala el proximo año vuelva Tony Rivera o habiliten el SAP en ese canal.

Última edición:
  • Me gusta
Montoya says Le Mans attempt “would be cool”
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By: Charles Bradley, Editor in Chief
2015-11-22
Two-time Indy 500 winner and former F1 star Juan Pablo Montoya is open to an attempt at the Le Mans 24 Hours, but says he would only do so with a potentially race-winning team and car like the factory Porsche squad.
Speaking after he tested the WEC championship-winning Porsche 919 Hybrid at Bahrain on Sunday, Montoya would not commit himself to trying the French sportscar classic, but admitted he has the desire to race there in the future.

“I think it would be a cool race, it would be something to do and to get the win there would be cool,” said Montoya. “If I have the opportunity to do it, why not?

“To be honest, we haven’t even talked about it. I don’t know, I’m really happy with IndyCar where I am with the team and everything.

“I think a lot of people assume because I’m doing this test I’m doing Le Mans, but there’s not even talk about it.

“At some point I think it would be cool to do it. I’m a guy who’s raced everything, I think it would be a cool experience. But if you do Le Mans, it has to be in a car like this. I’m not interested in doing Le Mans in a GT or smaller car.

“For this, the whole experience and being in fast cars, yes, that would be cool. At this point today, I couldn’t tell you – I’d be lying to you if I told you I had any idea.”

Different to Daytona
Montoya has raced seven times in the Daytona 24 Hours with Chip Ganassi Racing, winning the American endurance classic three times. He said that the LMP1 car was in a different league to the Daytona Prototype he raced.

“Daytona was easy,” he said. “This car is very different to the Daytona Prototype I used to drive – I used to tell people, not in a bad way, but it was like an indoor kart. It had a bit of torque, and you could get it sideways and it was predictable, but it was hard because the GTs kept getting better, so it was really hard to pass people."

Open to fulltime WEC switch
When asked if he would consider a fulltime switch to the World Endurance Championship when he was finished with IndyCar racing, he replied: “I don’t know, if they wanted me – maybe.

“It’s one thing what you want, and another thing that you have. Ask anybody in GP2 what they want to do and 70% would say F1 and 30% would say this.

“At some point, if this was available in the future, then it’s something you can look at.

“At this point in my career, I do it because I love it, I don’t have to be racing. I like to win and beat the hell out of people, and that’s it. Simple.”

F1 car ‘with a cockpit’
Montoya added that the high performance of the Porsche 919 has impressed him, and likened it to an F1 car with an enclosed cockpit.

“If you think today what’s the most advanced-technology car, it’s this,” he said. “I think it’s ahead of Formula 1 in technology and everything.

“When you look at the car without the bodywork and everything, people talk about Formula 1 and the cockpits – if you want a cockpit on a Formula 1, you have it here. You really do. It’s pretty unbelievable.”

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/montoya-says-le-mans-attempt-would-be-cool/?v=2&s=1&q=Montoya

Montoya leads the way in Bahrain rookie test

By: Sam Smith, Endurance racing reporter
2015-11-22
Double Indy 500 champion Juan Pablo Montoya topped the time after five hours of FIA WEC rookie testing in Bahrain on Sunday.
The test was organized by the FIA WEC around the three rookies that were chosen by the championship's promoter to recognise young endurance talent - Sam Bird, Richie Stanaway and Mitch Evans.

Montoya’s best lap in the No.17 Porsche 919 Hybrid was a 1m40.861s, 1.273 seconds faster than Stanaway’s best time in the No.8 Audi R18 e-tron Quattro.

The Colombian shared the cockpit today with Mark Webber’s protégé Evans, who set a best time of 1m42.946s.

From the editor, also read:
Stanaway impressed Audi, who gave the GP2 regular and Aston Martin GTE Pro driver extra time at the wheel in the afternoon session.

For Stanaway, it was an invaluable experience to be given the chance of seat time in the No.8 Audi, which was driven for the majority of the morning session by Benoit Treluyer.

“I only did a few laps this morning but I immediately felt comfortable in the car,” said Stanway.

“This afternoon I did the 30 laps and then the team gave me more time which was fantastic. I got to explore the car more and I really enjoyed the level of grip that the car gave.

"Benoit [Treluyer] was very generous with his time and advice helping me, which I appreciated a lot. The regeneration and hybrid system on the car is phenomenal and the acceleration is really something.

“I have to thank the FIA WEC for choosing me to have this experience, it was more than I expected it would be and the expectations were more than matched."

Sam Bird, who was crowned LMP2 champion in Saturday's race, undertook 37 laps in the No. 1 Toyota TS040 Hybrid, and set a best lap of 1m45.318s.

Matt Rao was the fastest LMP2 driver in the Signatech Alpine A450b Nissan, while Austrian Philipp Eng headed LMGTE Pro, pipping Nick Catsburg. Both drove a Porsche Team Manthey Porsche 911 RSR.

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/montoya-leads-the-way-in-bahrain-rookie-test/?v=2&s=1&q=Montoya

WEC waves farewell to Wurz, would welcome Montoya

By: Charles Bradley, Editor in Chief
Yesterday at 1:07pm
As Alex Wurz raced into retirement with a podium in Bahrain, Juan Pablo Montoya made his LMP1 test debut. Charles Bradley was there to watch it all.
As one chapter closes, another one opens.

Sunday’s World Endurance Championship Awards gala in Bahrain on Sunday night was a truly dazzling affair, its beachside setting and all-welcoming policy boasted 1000 people – basically the entire paddock and a few more besides.

And while Mark Webber, Brendon Hartley and Timo Bernhard were crowned world champions, the true star of the evening was Alex Wurz. He bowed out of a high-achieving career in emotional style, including a video from Tom Kristensen featuring the stellar cast of the Race of Champions, a video featuring wife Julia and his kids, and then a eulogy from Webber (a fellow “big bastard”) on one of the sport’s all-round good guys.

Wurz clearly struggled to keep it all together: “The reception I had right from the drivers’ briefing in Bahrain, this moment has been very emotional… I’m biting hard to keep the tears back… Seeing my kids talk and being here with my dad, who went through my career with me, is very special.

“One thing I want to especially thank is the officials, the marshals, the stewards and all the people at the track – including the medical staff – because the volunteers make this sport, without them there would be no show; we wouldn’t be here. They give their lives up for us.

“Keep pushing! The WEC is a great championship, and I’m fully with you… You won’t get rid of me, and I’m sorry for that!”

His driving chapter closes, and so his next opens. Already president of the Grand Prix Drivers Association, and pushing hard with that, he recently turned down the opportunity to become a Formula 1 team principal with Manor.

How deep do his political ambitions run? Quite deep, I’d say. How about an FIA presidential bid following the Jean Todt era? I wouldn’t rule it out at some point down the line.

Montoya monsters into WEC paddock
It was great to see IndyCar star Juan Pablo Montoya behind the wheel of the title-winning Porsche 919 Hybrid in the WEC ‘rookie test’ on Sunday.

I’ve had the pleasure of watching JPM hustle Formula Vauxhall, F3, ITC (essentially a DTM car), F3000, F1, NASCAR, IndyCar and Daytona Prototypes in the flesh, so to see him in the world’s fastest sportscar was a treat.

As he says himself “I’m a guy who’s raced everything” – and while he was keen to press home the fact he’s very happy with life in IndyCar with Penske right now, it was great to see how relaxed and bubbly he was after driving the Porsche.

The test came about because he knew team lynchpins Fritz Enzinger and Andreas Seidl from his BMW-powered Williams F1 days.

“The team has got a lot of German to it,” he said before quickly clarifying: “No, that’s not in a bad way! It’s got a very international feel to it too!

"It’s so relaxed here, it’s really weird. Some things are black and white; some things are very mellow. It’s an interesting mixture.”

At this stage of his life, would Montoya consider a move back to Europe? He’s very settled in Miami, loves the simple lifestyle and great weather, but has a son who’s reaching that age where he probably needs international kart competition if he’s going to emulate his father’s career.

“How many race weekends you got in Europe?” he asked the WEC journos, and when told "four" replied: “I think I can deal with four weekends in Europe. Maybe!”

When then asked if he had any more testing planned, he answered: “Not that I’m aware of. With them, you never know…” That wasn't a straight "no".

Montoya learned the car on Porsche’s simulator in Weissach. Of course, he drove Bahrain, but revealed he did quite some runs at Barcelona too… So why would he do that if he wasn’t going to drive there?

Although he’s older than Webber, I can definitely see him racing for longer. And where better than a full factory Porsche team that offers him the chance to add Le Mans to the ‘triple crown’ of victories at Indy and Monaco?

As I wrote last week, it was a mighty trek for me from Miami to watch Webber win that title – but well worth it.

I was on the same flights home as Montoya, and the smile on his face makes you think he felt it was worth the journey too…

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...wurz-would-welcome-montoya/?v=2&s=1&q=Montoya

Última edición por un moderador:
Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Los últimos temas