RJ45 a RJ12

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

sermaudu

Lanero Reconocido
29 Ago 2003
Hola a todos:

Tengo un problema, necesito armar un punto de venta con dos impresoras, una para el cajero y otra para la cocina, en un principio arme la pc con dos puertos paralelos pero el cable de la impresora de la cocina quedaba como un tenedero de ropa ademas estaba ya en su longitud max (5 mts), por lo cual me vi en la tarea de buscar otra forma de conectarla, el fabricante de la impresora me ofrece un dispositivo para conectarla por ethernet pero la money no me alcanza; la impresora ademas de traer el puerto paralelo trae un puerto RJ12; hay posibilidad de utilizar este puerto convirtiendo RJ45(computador) a RJ12(impresora) o este puerto es exclusivo para las cajas registradoras.

Gracias de antemano

An RJ-12 connector is generally a 3 pair jack (6-way) and an RJ-45 is a 4 pair (8 - way) jack. Therefore an RJ-12 definately device will work on a RJ-45 path way.

Personally I would invetegate the simple option, Find out which implementation of the Parellel protocal/ interface your devices use ( either the old defacto standard / or IEEE1284) if they are new enough then the might be IEEE1284.

This means that they have a much greater distance capability than the old 6 feet rule.
I would run a IEEE1284-1994 complient cable to the kitchen ( as it works to about 30feet or 9 metres) and do it that way.

If that works out too expensive then you might have to throw some cat 5 cable and a print server or use 2 telephone points and a home made adapter.

I hope I havent misunderstood the question, If i have please let me know and i will try for a better answer

Convertir

Hola EnemPE:

Adjunto Seudoplano de la instalación; ya se instaló una regleta y hubo la necesidad de evadir el muro ya que este es demasiado grueso.

Como puedes ver la distancia es aprox 20 mts; con lo cual no creo que sirva una conexión con paralelo.

He visto que las tarjetas realtek solo utilizan 2 pares de cables
http://www.coloredhome.com/lanrdsi/conexion_lan_rdsi_45863.JPG

Archivos adjuntos

• plano1.jpg
    plano1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Visitas: 1,538
Oki Doki,

For this I am going to assume a few things

1. The cable in the wall is Category 3 UTP.
2. The outlets are at least 4 conductor RJ 11 types or even RJ-12.
3. The printers you are using require a paralell interface, most likely duplex.
4. You are quite capable of making cables etc.

You re right the distance of 20 meters isn't going to work with the Parallel interface, and even if it did, i doubt the existing conductors will handle it.

This means that, ethernet is your only real option. To do this using the existing cabling in the wall you will have to go low tech and use 10baseT ethernet. Most cards are backwards compatable and will switch to whatever The link at the other end is and utilise that. I would however try to get an old 10baseT (if the one you have isn't) card for this, as we only have two pairs to work with (try it first before fretting though).

You will need an ethernet print server for the kitchen printer. You dont need a super special one, and you can get little ones fairly cheaply. A 2nd hand one would do aswell (remember we are going to use older technology)
This is an example of what you are after:
http://www.dlink.com.au/products/print/dp101p+/

10baseT Ethernet --------------------------------------

10Mbps ethernet (which is more than enough for printing) can run on 2 pair category 3 cable for a max length of 100 metres. Our cable could be a bit old and perhaps not quite up to that standard, but at the length of 20 metres you could get away with it.
The four conductors that are used for this are 1,2 and 3,6 as in that picture you sent (pairs 2 & 3 in 568B wiring scheme). For your application with two devices you will need to cross over the pairs so that send goes to receive etc. at ONE end :)

Function Pin # to Pin #
TX+ 1 <--------> 3
TX- 2 <--------> 6
RX+ 3 <--------> 1
RX- 6 <--------> 2

I would make an adapter to a RJ 11 or 12 plug keeping in mind that the pairs are on the 2nd & 3rd conductors and 1st & 4th. on most telephone outlets. ( inside to outside)

And there you have it. Keep in mind that I haven't tried this myself, so it is all theory at the moment, and it is hard for my to guess what you have there, from here but it is what i would do.

Let me know how you go, good luck.

Archivos adjuntos

• 10baset cross over.bmp
    97.9 KB · Visitas: 2,359
no, enempe...

I think you misunderstood, the problem he has is with its 2nd printer, that printer has an RJ12 conector, and the main issue is that he doesn't know how to use it, if it uses the same ethernet protocol or what.

So, the cable must have at one end an RJ45 connector and at the other end an RJ12 connector.

mmm... otro matacho

Hola
Envio otra imagen, lo que deseo es averiguar si existe la posibilidad de hacer lo que esta en el siguiente dibujo...

Archivos adjuntos

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    23.4 KB · Visitas: 2,193
I will need to know more about the printers to help you more.

They will both need to hang off the computer though.
An RJ-12 port on the printer could be 10baseT ethernet, or it could be RS232 for configuration or it could be something else.

If you tell me the name of the printer than i can have a check.

Cheers :)

From what I can guess the rj-12 (unless it is an ethernet module) on the printer is for an interface between the cash drawer and the printer. If this is in the kitchen, I am not sure if this is what you want. I also think that the protocol for this interface is rs232 which will not span 20 metres.

Do you have, or can you get any of the optional interface modules?

apparently there is an rs485 module available and there also might be an ethernet module available( this i think is for the tm-u220 series, but some vendors seem to think it works). either of these would satisfy the distance criteria ( rs485 is good for over a kilometre) and run on the telephone cable. The ethernet module might work out cheaper unless you have a rs485 card for your computer already.

I would contact a local vendor to see how much you can get the different modules for , and to confirm whether they will work with your printer.
I am sorry if this isn't very helpful but in my humble opinion

* the RJ12 is most likely a rs232 serial connection for a cash drawer

* Find out about the other interface (especially the ethernet) modules for the printer

* reference the above material for connecting them.

:)

let me know what happens.

y que complique todo eso.... no que va... que complicados...
fresco.. yo he conectado impresoras con un cable de impresora de mas de 20 metros y eso funciona bien.. toca es que mande hacer el cable y que sea de buena calidad y eso funciona a las mil maravillas.. ademas son solo datos de impresora.. por ahi no va a conectar un cluster de internet... no se complique la vida que yo he hecho lo mismo como le dije anteriormente...
hagale y se ahorra tiempo y sobre todo la $$$$$$$$

usted se pone a hacer las cosas muy tecnicas y eso solo funciona en USA .. aqui en colombia no se le olvide que somos colombianos

Kettering's Observation: Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence.

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Los últimos temas