The Witness - PS4/PC

OkComputer

Lanero Regular
21 Oct 2006
jonathan-blow-the-witness-game-wallpaper-768x480.png

Por fin, y luego de una espera de más de 6 años, llega The Witness mañana 26 de enero de 2016.

Este es un juego de Puzzle que ha recibido muy buenas criticas iniciales.
Para quienes nos vamos a animar a comprarlo, muy seguramente apenas pegue las 12:01AM (Si lo habilitan), estará en la Play Store a un precio de USD $39.99.

Les dejo algunas Reviews:

The Witness
Release Date: Jan 26, 2016

Platforms: PS4, PC

MSRP: $39.99 / €36.99 / £29.99

Developer: Thekla Inc.

Publisher: Thekla Inc.

Metacritic: ~88/100

OpenCritic: ~88/100

Scored Reviews
The Escapist: 4/5

The Witness is a beautiful, brain-tickling, "puzzle-adventure," that will manage to both frustrate and awe you at the same time.

Game Informer: 9.25/10

The opaque world might be disappointing for some players, but The Witness is about a different kind of discovery. It steers your mind in unconventional directions, and makes you feel clever as you build on your knowledge and uncover new layers about the game’s language and logic. Even when I wasn’t playing it, I was thinking about puzzles that had me stumped. Some puzzles are tough, but all of them are fair, and the fun of solving them is only topped by seeing what awaits you on the next series of monitors.

Game Revolution: 5/5

For how much of these observations sound like complaints, I am actually just more intrigued. In fact, I found myself obsessed with The Witness. For every new revelation about a solution or discovery of some out-of-place amusement, I was drawn deeper into figuring it all out. Indeed, there are some puzzles, which you can ostensibly solve just for the sake of doing so, but I would. Like a trigger, I’d just solve anything in front of me, not knowing what the game wants or even what I’m witnessing.

GameSpot: 9/10

The Witness molds its world, puzzles, and themes into such a layered, cohesive whole that, if we look hard enough, we'll keep finding new ways to perceive it.

GamesRadar: 3/5

With more judicious editing in each area’s design this could have been a slightly smaller but infinitely more enjoyable challenge. But, as it stands, the demands made, and the returns given, stretch out the reward to the point of transparency.

Hardcore Gamer: 4/5

On the PlayStation 4, The Witness lacks the option to close the game without having to head back to the dashboard and force close the application using the Options button. The console version lacks any semblance of sound options, most notably a way to adjust in-game volume without having to move outside of the application. The most frustrating omission is a camera sensitivity adjustment option, which is compounded by the PS4 version’s sluggish right stick responsiveness. Few fixable issues have a way of feeling more awkward than having your view feel exponentially slower than your movement. The hope here is that Thekla, Inc. will sacrifice the pause menu’s bare bones aesthetic in favor of patching in some of the settings that gamers have come to expect over the years.

IGN- 10/10

For the most part, its themes weave themselves beautifully throughout the gorgeous world and wide variety of puzzles, but even when it breaks subtlety in favor of a more heavy-handed approach to exposition, it never detracts from the truly fulfilling moments The Witness offers in terms of solving its physical puzzles and unlocking its deepest mysteries.

PlayStation LifeStyle: 9/10

There’s a sad truth, and it’s that most people who play The Witness will not get a pure experience. We live in a day when it is far too easy to get mildly frustrated after a couple of minutes trying and failing to solve a puzzle. It’s hard to say myself if I wouldn’t have given in to the temptation of checking a solution online if I hadn’t been playing before the official release.

Polygon: 8/10

There has been a lot of hubbub made lately about the cost and length of The Witness. If I were to estimate, I would guess I spent 15-20 hours making my way to something I would consider an ending. There is more to discover in the world, I'm certain of it, but I was pretty happy with what I was able to uncover in my playthrough.

PS Nation: 8/10

We are looking at the height of contemporary game development genius. Akin to Stephen Sondheim and Lin-Manuel Miranda from the world of American Musical Theater or Stephen King or Martin Scorsese. These are artists whose works are accessible but can also contain a bitterness which challenges.

Telegraph: 5/5

Time, money and people are all things that can muddy the waters when it comes to game development, and The Witness has had more of all three poured into it than Braid did. It’s remarkable, then, that Blow has created a game that initially seems so completely unlike its forebear, but with the same kernel at the centre of it.

VentureBeat: 70/100

I admire a lot about The Witness. It is a beautiful game. It is a clever game. It is a big game. But all of its elements, mazes, exploration, and philosophy didn’t really come together to express some greater theme. Unless I was meant to question why I hurt my brain to solve a series of difficult mazes for no real award.

VideoGamer: 10/10

I'm so caught up inside the world of The Witness that it's hard to think about anything else: like Tetris, this is its true power, and it is one of the best games I've ever encountered. Playing The Witness is a real emotional rollercoaster, with flashes of anger, despondency, jubilation, awe, smugness and admiration. Who would have thought you could get all that from a game about drawing lines?

• Me gusta
Reacciones: yllanos
Parece que a nadie aquí le gustan los puzzles :/
Si alguien está interesado en ver el juego o jugar conmigo usando SharePlay, que comente y jugamos para ver si se anima.

No había visto el tema. A mí también me gustan los puzzles. Creo que ahora en Febrero me lo compro, lo más probable que sea en PC

Es bueno. Algo corto en comparación con The Talos Principle, pero bueno.

De novedoso vi que ciertos puzzles generados casi al final del juego y que representan el cuello de botella para obtener Platino, son al azar.

Aquí mi video resolviendo parte de esos puzzles contra reloj, lastimosamente se bloqueó y no quedó registrado el mensaje del platino, pero estaba extasiado :D

Los últimos temas