- 8 Dic 2006
Michal Bay habia anunciado que lanzaria imagenes on set de la secuela de la pelicula Transformers, pues ya han sido lanzadas.
- Transformers 2 is the first film to be granted access by the Egyptian government to shoot on-location at the Pyramids at Giza, including "on" the actual pyramids
- Shia LaBeouf's hand injury is confirmed to be in the film
- Agent Simmons is back and will be in the thick of the action
- Jetfire is a "villain whose age and broken-down physicality leads him to help the Autobots"
- The gestalt Decepticon Devastor will be in the film, "whose arms and legs are built out of other Transformers"
- Lt. Col. Gregory Bishop, the film's Army liason, states: "As far as I know, this is the biggest joint military operation movie ever made, in terms of Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines. I can't think of one that's bigger."
- For one climatic sequence set in Egypt, the following military vehicles are used: "two A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog" tank-killing jets; six F-16 Fighting Falcons; 10 armored Humvees; the Army's Golden Knights parachute team; two Abrams tanks; two Bradley tanks; two missile-launcher vehicles; two armored personnel carriers"
- Starscream will return as an F-22 Raptor jet and is involved in the Egyptian battle
La pelicula se estrenara el 26 de Junio de 2009