What English Accent Do You Prefer?

A few years ago I was in Boston and got pulled over by the police for speeding... the officer started talking and I could understand almost everything (it's a little bit complicated that accent, like a mix between American standard accent and British accent), but there was something he said I couldn't get... he repeated and repeated time and time again and I still couldn't get it.. he also kept asking if I spoke English, and I kept saying yes... but in the end he gave up because I couldn't understand that part. Fortunately all I got was a warning, no ticket :)

• Me gusta
Reacciones: JotaTrex
Police officers are almost well spoken.

I was pulled over twice, damn it! first one is always a warning, second one was a ticket, it was only one week before my plane back to Bogotá, so I couln't appeal the ticket, almost everytime the cop doesn't show up therefore you don't have to pay, 137 bucks man! I still regret that!

Once I was looking for Harvard with a friend, we get lost so I asked a construction guy for directions, I didn't understand a shit! he was mumbling all over with every sentence finishing in "you know that shit man"... it was hilarious 'cause THAT was the real Boston "I don't care if you get me" accent.

I learned American English first, and now I'm in the college trying to learn some elements of British. I have to confess that I'm not that used for british though my IELTS teacher is really good and I can understand him, but when listening tasks begin, I start to suffer :p

I love both, but if I had to look for facilities, I would choose American English for life.

Usually teachers are more understandable than average Joe (in case he's a certified teacher, which I suppose he is). It's always just a matter of practice and getting used to accents

British Accent here! My favorite bands are from England..The Cure, Queen, Sabbath..That's what I prefer this one...

Look at this.

Última edición por un moderador:
Brit accent, but more than an accent is a whole new language, can't be compared to English American, English english is way more exquisite

The accent from japan is the best! :p, JK! British is kinda cool but also more complicated, the american is easier to learn so I'd choose it =)

Sofia vergara's accent :p xD....jk

British!!!
Escrito desde www.LANeros.mobi (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; es) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I really like the UK accent, but, I think is harder to understand for people who learned english with american accent

• Me gusta
Reacciones: leo911

Los últimos temas