What English Accent Do You Prefer?

What EnempE says is true... there is a huge number of different accents in the British Isles... I do speak English but I was once approached by an Irishman and couldn't make out a word of what he was saying.... and I later learned that he was just asking what my name was!!! With a little bit of background noise and concentration lacking, English spoken by Scotsmen, Irishmen and Welshmen is basically unintelligible if you're very used to the American accent. Worse with the Welshmen, who actually sometimes speak Welsh...

I learned the american english, but i prefer the british accent, it is stylish and kind of elegant, plus easier to understand.

Vlad Dracul dijo:
I prefer British accent it's elegant and sounds better and because it's my country languaje

Boy, you need to tell your momma to help you with your grammar and spelling...

one better way to say what you said is:

I prefer THE British accent BECAUSE it is elegant and it sounds better (than american English). It is also my COUNTRY'S languaGe

I capitalized the things I changed.

This is a cultural issue. It almost quite depends on the accent you've been exposed to. However, my case is unique. I was taught with both Brittish and American books. Yet, I got used to American accent due to the huge amount of American shows, movies, and news we're bombarded with not only in our country but along Latin America. =)

i think it's simon from the "american idol", i don't know, but still it's an option, i prefer the british accent, it's stronger... good-bye

Los últimos temas