Your English Level

hi Isl@nder, do you think is fair to compare with us, rather than that you should be rating your spanish abilities, don't you think?
ja ja, but seriously, i'd like to feel so confindent about my english so I could write down those numbers so freely.

don't mind to give xtra help if required tho i do not posses a lot of free time so we'll have to arrange any gathering !!! :p

Considering that i lived 13 years on USA, I think my English level is:

Speak:8
Hear: 8
Writing:6

I need to practice a lot:\

It's funny how there's a forum about English leve and there isn't one of Spanish level. Reading topics in Internet, and that includes here in Laneros, can be sometimes disgusting when it comes to orthography and grammar! People should stop thinking that the worng way the write and speak doesn't matter, it does!!

Why 13 years weren't enough to learn perfect English?

It´s more tan enough.

I learned English as a native language.
I used to talk perfectly, even better than spanish. But I came to live here at 13 and now I am 24.

Eleven years without practice is a very significant time, your toungue loses agility, and the ear begins to no understand when someone speaks fast.

Obviously I still speak very well, but not perfectly like I used to.

Maybe if i go back for a while and start practicing again talking all the time in English i can recover all the agility.

Edit:
Slayer, I was born and lived all the time until I came here in New Rochelle-New York.
You have to talk in English all the time there.

It is very difficult to know our own level, but you can check yourself, because there are many test in internet sites that could mesuare the english we manage. You have to make the different test and you
will get a close aproach of the grade you can obtain, althout it is very hard to get a real result. The evaluation is one of the worst method to "Evaluate"... I think one language is never done, even the mother tongue, we can never dominate all the grammar and vocabulary of our own language, so what can we hope about a second tongue.
Greetings.

Well.. racist rednecks will not hung up on me asking for an american, and Hindi people will understand me and i understand them... i dont think im doing bad but i think i need more academy to know more rules instead of using them by default or mechanicaly

Conversación: 8.5 (cuando estoy prendo que se me afloja mas la lengua para hablar subo el nivel, es como si tuviera papa caliente en la boca LOL :p)
Lectura: 9 (si no es por falta de vocabulario tendria el diez, pero me va muy bien leyendo.)
Escritura: 6 (a veces no se bien como usar los tiempos, deam!)

Conversación: 8.5 (cuando estoy prendo que se me afloja mas la lengua para hablar subo el nivel, es como si tuviera papa caliente en la boca LOL :p)
Lectura: 9 (si no es por falta de vocabulario tendria el diez, pero me va muy bien leyendo.)
Escritura: 6 (a veces no se bien como usar los tiempos, deam!)

Es damn!.... dumbass...

xd

Hei you people, I think you must use English in this forum...
Soo we can practice, at least how to write pretty good.
My Greetings

Sorry, I must put so not soo.
Thanks.

Los últimos temas