Bogota School of English...

coljung

Lanero Regular
28 Abr 2008
quite funny...somewhere around carrera 7ma with 70 there's an english school by the name of 'Wall Street Institute - School of English'...

cant imagine how good they are if their name isnt even properly written grammatically :\...

quite funny...somewhere around carrera 7ma with 70 there's an english school by the name of 'Wall Street Institute - School of English'...

cant imagine how good they are if their name isnt even properly written grammatically :\...

mmm well that depends.. in some cities in UK, even in USA, many people write it in that same way, we´ve learned that we have to write the suspect, then apostrophe, if the suspect ends in an "s" just leave the apostrophe, if it doesn´t end in a "s" then you write the letter "s" after the apostrophe, and after all that you write the thing which you need to detail possesion...

But it´s not wrong grammatically, it´s just that the other way is to spread in many countries, that some people thinks it´s wrong.

mmm well that depends.. in some cities in UK, even in USA, many people write it in that same way, we´ve learned that we have to write the suspect, then apostrophe, if the suspect ends in an "s" just leave the apostrophe, if it doesn´t end in a "s" then you write the letter "s" after the apostrophe, and after all that you write the thing which you need to detail possesion...

But it´s not wrong grammatically, it´s just that the other way is to spread in many countries, that some people thinks it´s wrong.

I think you're right but in that case you have to say English' School instead of School of English'.

I don't know, what do you think about that?

I think you're right but in that case you have to say English' School instead of School of English'.

I don't know, what do you think about that?

jaja Maybe I didn´t make myself clear, what I said is that in some cities people says "XXXXX of YYYYY" (whereYYYYY is the suspect and XXXXX is the thing...) you´re right with your example, but, what I really meant to say is that in many places people says it in the form that "we think is wrong" but It really isn´t wrong, normally is waht the thrad owner said, but in the other way isn´t wrong either.

jaja Maybe I didn´t make myself clear, what I said is that in some cities people says "XXXXX of YYYYY" (where XXXX is the suspect and YYYYYY is the thing...) you´re right with your example, but, what I really meant to say is that in many places people says it in the form that "we think is wrong" but It really isn´t wrong, normally is waht the thrad owner said, but in the other way isn´t wrong either.

lol mate I got more lost than before :p

RELOL.. sorry my mistake... the X and Y example is in the other way, I already make the correction... sorry, what I mean is that in some places it is ok to say "The soccer ball of Luis"... and "Luis´soccer ball"

That's ok. So now that everything is clear, the name of the Institute hasn't been written properly ;)

I understand your points.

But i see that 'School of English' is more commonly used over in the UK, not in the states. So by adding Wall Street to the name one would imply that the school itself is somehow related to 'american' english instead of british.

Anyways, i just thought it was funny.

Los últimos temas