English Thread!!!

mhmh.. right maybe a couple of batteries, works good.
i think in south america it's the same volts, im sure that 99.9% is the same level of voltage.

Hi friends, I have a question for you
¿How can I translate "throughput"?, it's a particular word used in computer networks, but I have not found a specific meaning

Throughput,
I use this term to refer to an amount that can be actually passed through, or put through a link. It is not a measurement like bandwidth but refers to the actual amount transported on a link. Be it a PCB bus or a network cable.

Does that help elucidate the concept?

Texto Originalmente Escrito por EnempE
;D

If you want some pupose to this then I will give you one.

Where are you based ?

(here is your technical question)

What is the power like there? here it is 220 ~ 240 volt @ 50 - 60 Hz gengally 10amps per circuit with a max load of 2.4 kw. Is it similar there?

I am looking to buy a cheap camera to take on holidays and am wondering if a rechargable camera is a bad idea.

Most of the south american countries use 110v @ 60Hz except Brasil, Chile and Argentina (as far as I remember). Anyway, most of the chargers for electronic devices nowdays work with 110 and 220. I myself have a rechargable camera (Canon) and it works everywere and the camara is already 3 years old. Just check the charger of the camara before buying. You will have problems with the connectors but you can buy adapters. In Colombia we use the 2 plain pararel connectors (USA).

Some people say this forum have no practical porpouses. Well, maybe I can help to change that whit this copy-paste:

CURSO DE INGLES DE EMERGENCIA

Si tiene que viajar de emergencia a los Estados Unidos y no tiene tiempo para aprender inglés, léase esto, lo puede salvar en un momento de necesidad:

Si quiere COCA COLA diga GUIMI A COUC.
Si quiere un café y una dona, diga COFI ANA DONAT.
Si quiere unos huevos con jamón, diga JAM AN EGS.
Si se agarra un dedo con la puerta del taxi, diga FOC.
Si algo le parece muy costoso, diga FOC.
Si se cae en el metro diga FOC.
Si lo asaltan en el Bronx, diga FOC.
Si se encuentra con una mujer de esas de película, diga UARA FOC!
Si alguien le grita algo que contenga FOC, responda FOQUIU TU.
Si pierde el pasaporte, detenga un policía y diga AI LOST MAI FO.QUIN PEIPERS.
Si se pierde en la ciudad, grite AI AM FO.QUIN LOST.
Cuando se refiera a un tercero, diga DE FO.QUIN GAI OVERDER.
Si quiere acostarse con una morenota, dìgale AI UANA FOC UIT YU.
Si quiere acostarse con una rubia, dìgale JELOU, CAN AI FOQUIU?
Si no sabe dónde tomar un taxi, diga JAO TU GUET A FO.QUIN CAB?
Si está muy enojado, no diga REFOC, sólo diga FOC varias veces.
Y si está muy enojado con alguien, diga FOC varias veces. Dígale AS JOL.
Si le quieren tomar el pelo, pregunte ARIU FO.QUIN MI?
Y si estas instrucciones no le sirven de mucho… UAT DA FOC YU UANT?

And for people who don´t speak spanish, a little course too (another copy-paste):

SPANISH FOR GRINGOS

(Para que los gringos aprendan castellano)

There´s always something to learn or to try, many times yo need to say some phrases in spanish, but you don´t know how to speak in spanish. The Smart Gringo Program will be helpful in your learning. By the way, we took from it some common phrases, just try them and tou´re gonna see the difference and how easy es speaking spanish.

(Léase primero en inglés)

Boy as N R = Voy a cenar = I´m gonna have a dinner.
N L C John = En el sillón = On the armchair.
Be a hope and son = Viejo panzón = Fat old man
Who and see to seek ago = Juancito se cagó = Little John is a chichken things.
S toy tree stone = Estoy tristón = I´m kind a sad.
Lost trap eat toss = Los trapitos = The little rags.
Desk can saw = Descanso = (you) rest.
As say toon as = Aceitunas = Olives.
The head the star mall less stan dough = Deje de estar molestando = Stop bugging me.
See eye = Sí hay = Yes we have.
T N S Free O? = ¿Tienes frío? = Are you cold?
T N S L P P B N T S O = Tienes el pipí bien tieso = You have an erection.
Tell O boy ah in cruise tar = Te lo voy a incrustar = I´m going to insert it in you.
Ten go LPP inch a dough = Tengo el pipí hinchado = I have my dick blown up.

Thank you very much Mr Enempe, I really was thinking that Throughput was refering to some network performance or availibity even processing capacity of LAN/WAN link.

Moreover. ¿Have you ever known something about IEEE 802.11n standard? or WI - MAX, it's new term applied to wireless networks

well what a sorprise!!.... thats is great we should increase our writing.. i am in Bogota.. very Happy.. working like a donkey but happy...

I guess that we can talk about anything, but nothing like a forum... it's only for learning english, something that I need because I understand the language reading, but if someone talk me, I don't understand nothing...

to write in english is a good way to improve your skills about this language.

With this we don't gonna kill anybody sonic.

well, then let's start with this topic:

What's the best performance computer you ever owned of worked at?.

I worked five minutes with a computer used by MIT for 3D eartquake simulations at the CE Faculty. It was as large as a 10m by 10m room... What was I doing there? well, I was checking my email because I couldnt remember the room for the conference...;)

Oh my god, I thought this forum was closed or deleted. But i'm glad to see it again.

Well, My friends recently bought a new computer, Pentium 4 3.2 ghz with 1024 mb of RAM. Technically this computer is a monster but I've noticed that the performance is just OK.

yep it's a very good idea to improve our foreing language, i believe my problem isn't speaking, reading or understandig, my big problem is writing, so please excuse my mistakes.

and i agree with many people about having an specific topic or subject.

Well, Hi everybody.
I´m Edd, I'm twety two years old. I'm From Santa Marta, the America's Pearl or the most beauty bay in America.
I Study Systems Engineering In the University of Magdalena, and I'm in the Tenth Semester.

All the english than I know was learned in my high School (as you can see) and by my own. I was convinced than i was in a good level of english, but I realized than that was False.
I don't have aspirations to follow the studies of english, because in everywhere only teach english of the United States. This is a very vicious english (grammarly speaking) and besides I hate the United States. Now, I want to learn some other languages like Deustch, French or Japanese, since my desire is to travel to another countries differents from what most people desire (like Canada, Australia, Germany, or Japan).

Thanks to everybody and correct me if I write something wrong

Texto Originalmente Escrito por Oesoto
Well, My friends recently bought a new computer, Pentium 4 3.2 ghz with 1024 mb of RAM. Technically this computer is a monster but I've noticed that the performance is just OK.

Maybe your mother board sux :evo:
Maybe your hard disk is slow :muerto:

Please, send us more info about your PC, to have a better idea of the situation.

Hey Hey, it isn't my PC, it's my friend's PC

Motherboard: Intel, This motherboard rulz!!

Hard Disk: SATA.

I'm not saying that the performance is bad, it's OK but very similar to my P4 with 2.4 ghz and 512 of ram. I thought that I would see a big difference but I was wrong.

Los últimos temas