Phrasal Verbs

juandavidlom dijo:
don't push my buttoms (me estas sacando de quisio, me estas em pu tando)
stop pulling my leg (no me tomes de pelo)

Those are not phrasal verbs. i only see 1 word-verb in each sentences :\ :muerto:

juandavidlom dijo:
don't push my buttoms (me estas sacando de quisio, me estas em pu tando)
stop pulling my leg (no me tomes de pelo)

Those are more like "slang" than phrasal verbs. I think kind of english "refranes".

well the main idea is know news word, but is importan practice the english, i have some phrasal verbs
burn down
burn up
blow up
get into
draw up
this are not comom phrasal verb but is importan know it, ok bye

Hi, the attached zip file is a MS Word document that contents several phrasal verbs and their meaning, not the translation. This list was given to me by a Berlitz teacher here in Cali, an excellent one. I hope you like it and of course that it can be helpful for everybody.

Take care

Archivos adjuntos

• Phrasal Verbs.zip
    28.4 KB · Visitas: 283
dude thats some huge list u got there, but its missing some important ones like: piss off, f*ck off, jack off,... well more like vulgar ones. oh dont forget "pull out" (ya know if ur not using protection...)

\SN/ JALeT dijo:
Hi, the attached zip file is a MS Word document that contents several phrasal verbs and their meaning, not the translation. This list was given to me by a Berlitz teacher here in Cali, an excellent one. I hope you like it and of course that it can be helpful for everybody.

Take care

Backside!!! that is a great file, thanks

hehe .... or maybe you can buy a "phrasal verbs dictionary" , i have one and it's very useful, it costs around $50k. It's just a suggestion! ;)

Hey, look how is life. The last week I had a test on phrasal verbs. Check out those.
I know phrasal verbs sucks, but lear them is so important. Sorry if I repeat some of them.

Hand in = Give womework, test papers, to a teacher
Hand out = Give something to this person, then tath person, then another person etc
Figure Out = Find the solution to a problem
Put off= postpone
Throw out/away= put in the trash, discard
This one is so usefull hehe
Take off= remove clothes from one's body
Put on= put clothes from one's body
Put down= stop holding or carrying
Pick up= lift
Look up= look for imformation in a dictionary, a telephone directory, an encyclopedia etc./ look to the sky
Make up= invent a story

Ok I hope you like it

Hye, i don't know if it is good to do this question here, but i can handle this in my head anymore. The problem is with this little words "being" and "been". How do you say "existencia humana" or "seres humanos"-->>> "human being"?? or "human been"??
For what a i know being is like "sido" in spanish, and been is like "estado"... but what is the real difference then between those two expressions (human being and human been)???

Thanks!
Good luck:p

past participle been

being–noun
1.the fact of existing; existence (as opposed to nonexistence). 2.conscious, mortal existence; life: Our being is as an instantaneous flash of light in the midst of eternal night. 3.substance or nature: of such a being as to arouse fear. 4.something that exists: inanimate beings. 5.a living thing: strange, exotic beings that live in the depths of the sea. 6.a human being; person: the most beautiful being you could imagine. 7.(initial capital letter
thinsp.png
) God.
8.Philosophy. a.that which has actuality either materially or in idea. b.absolute existence in a complete or perfect state, lacking no essential characteristic; essence. –conjunction 9.Nonstandard. since; because; considering that (often fol. by as, as how, or that): Being it's midnight, let's go home. Being as how you cooked supper, I'll do the dishes.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/being
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/beeen

• Me gusta
Reacciones: 2 personas

Los últimos temas