Popularity of English Section

Hmm... I don't agree. Immigrants in USA learn English because that's the official language, if they travel to Japan they HAVE to learn Japanese for the same reason...

A simplified communication platform is a HUGE advantage for business, and a common language sets up this kind of platform. It doesn't matter which language is deeper or more interesting, the one backed up by the biggest power will prevail (take a look at Latin by the time of the Roman Republic... it "owned" almost every other languages on the area).

Well, I always try to improve my english because it's the universal language, and because I think that a second language in your pocket is good to your business life.

Note: By the way, i'm not a perfect english writer, so i wait that all of you help me to improve my english letting me know all my mistakes.

Oesoto dijo:
Mmmm....... they don't have to learn Spanish but they should. Inmigrants go to USA and learn English so they know at least two languages which is an important advantage in order to get a job and be competitive in an american environment. Americans should care about that.

ok dude that’s not true first of all I live in palm beach and I used to live in Miami and I met a bunch of people that has lived in this country for years and don’t speak a word of English or barely a few words.... so yea ooh and im from Colombia.

Miami is so different to other states in USA. You can't generalize just using that example because life in Miami differs a lot with life in other states and cities.

JLTorrente dijo:
And how many of those immigrants have nice jobs on a competitive enviroment?
from all the ones i met? heck you name it, most of the people i met was making over 40k a year, here in Florida especially in Miami speaking Spanish is not that big o a deal man, yes it can help you if your bilingual but at the same time depending on your niche you may not need it. believe me im a broker/trader and i deal with a lot of people in Miami that know jack of English, and yes Miami is different thats why i said depending on your niche, whenever you need jltorrent let me know i can help you in Miami make 2500 to 3000 a month in a good job with benefits without knowing jack of English or barely a few words of it.

Basically, if you're not on Miami's or LA's urban areas, you ARE dependent of English as your first language... How many of those immigrants can achieve the same rate of success on another state, like Georgia (not too far away)?

JLTorrente dijo:
Basically, if you're not on Miami's or LA's urban areas, you ARE dependent of English as your first language... How many of those immigrants can achieve the same rate of success on another state, like Georgia (not too far away)?

well i have a cousin in atlanta and he bearly speaks english and he is doing pretty good, he is on real state and is getting some nice figures, so like i said is mostly depending on your niche and also up to you.

people ! don't be afraid of makin' a mistake, jejeje

that are cool ,
i am pencil ,
we doesn't has to...

jejeje
no, juskiidin!

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !

Lol, :p I never say nothing about imigrants, I mean when they visit us, they have to know something!! even in business, why they don't learn spanish to negotiate? that is my point, and is true they not "have" they should, because they want the entire world speak in their language, and apparently is happening. :S

Los últimos temas