To be a "Costeno"...

jmbarrios13

Lanero Reconocido
27 Feb 2004
``CACHACOS`` always say that we are not intelligent but the unique man four times president of Colombia, author of the national anthem and the first constitution of Colombia in 1886, was a costeno, his name was Rafael Nunez.

They always say that we are slightly educated, but the only Colombian Nobel Prize winner is a ``costeno``, and now is the most important writer alive in the world, GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ…

They say that we are lazy people, but with talent, perseverance and dedication shakira has managed to be positioned in a level that no other Latin American had reached, making her talent be compared with other singers like Madonna and the biggest women artists in the world

They say that we are impolite people, but the first Latin American woman who had reached the most important gangplanks in the world is a ``costena``, her name is Silvia tcherassi.

Say that we are disordered people and without skills for business, but the biggest organization in the country was led by a ``costeno`` who put ``cerveza aguila`` in the second place of brewers in Latin America.

Now ``cerveza aguila`` is a company of SAB-MILLER, and a “costeño” is one of the owners.

They say that we are not creative, however Carlos Vives has sung to the entire world a revolutionary and absolutely different kind of music that is part of our heritage.

Do ``cachacos`` has a better top model than Sofia Vergara?

Do they have a better soccer player than Carlos Valderrama?

A more successful baseball player than Edgar Renteria ?

A roller skater with more golden medals than ``chechy” Baena ??

Or do they have world boxing champions like Pambele, happy Lora or mambaco Pacheco?

They say that our region is not comfortable, but in vacations we see them swimming in our beaches and enjoying our carnival.

we have hard rock cafe, TGI fridays, subway, fusion food and asian food everywhere, we had jamiroquai,,, and most of the important bands come to bogota first,,,,do you know what acid jazz is??? or DRUM AND BASS?????noooooooooooooo,, you just know,,vagrejarto and champeta and.........raggaeton,,,sorry ..bogota rules..we dunno deny what la costa has made for colombia,,,keep up brother

FM Static, I am not regionalist, I love Antioquia but I prefer Colombia all, our country is beautiful, people are very special. I like Antioquia because I live here, but I was born on other country, the love would be the same.

Thanks for the forum.

FM Static dijo:
Regionalism sucks! this kind of threads should not exist here.

Just see what happened here few months ago

http://www.laneros.com/showthread.php?t=49988

FM Static dijo:
Regionalism sucks! this kind of threads should not exist here.

Just see what happened here few months ago

http://www.laneros.com/showthread.php?t=49988

Regionalism doesn't suck by himself... In a better way is good for our country.

jmbarrios said that "only" cachacos talk bad about costenos.

I'm a cachaco (meaning that costenos believe that cachaco is everyone from Valledupar to the south) and always I defend my costeno friends, because as I know lots of them... so am I the exception to the rule?

You're against the Cachacos or Rolos?... is different

We have the biggest mall on South América
We had a driver on Formula One
We give the 51% of the colombian PIB
The most important Djs Ask to come Bogotá
"south american Athens"
Hard Rock, Friday's, Subway World-Class restaurants
Jamiroquai, Tiesto
Top Universities in Bogotá: Andes, Nacional, Javeriana, Distrital

And You... What Do You Know About Bogotá?

Bogotá rules, I'm a Rolo. Millonarios' supporter.

Why do you hate us?

• Me gusta
Reacciones: 2 personas
i'm not against anybody, i'm just saying what the cachacos always say about us...

and if you want to continue, without the coast, colombia has not folklore,,no cumbia, no vallenato,, the most representative item of colombians outside the country,excluiding the flag........ is the sombrero vueltiao.........the biggest expression of folklore in colombia is the carnival,,, guess where is it?????

funksta_boy dijo:

"south american Athens"
Jamiroquai, Tiesto

Why do you hate us?

you know where is the ULTRAMAR?

good for all the costenos here, no body says any thing negative about you, well may be some one, but that's not the point, i like your people and your food, all less the pigs , so kepp on

funksta dijo:

"south american Athens"
Jamiroquai, Tiesto

Why do you hate us?

ja ja Juan pablo montoya SUCKS!!!
Millonario SUCKS - Junior too but :S....
We have the Universidad del Atlantico. is one of teh best Publics Universities in the country (look for the ECAES results)
we have sun, beach, beautyfull womens, a city without problems of in security... (you can sleep drunk in a park and nothign will happen)

Bogota... is nice (some part, not all the city), is big.. :p, is cold :S, is cruel, is not a good place to living :S

look u't english primary... jajaja, lol.... lies, see.... montoya what??? i'm agree with you at all, but no about montoya... try drive a f1 or a nascar car... you believe that is so easy... if not everybody ll'be there. greeting.

I agree with Oesoto: Regionalism sucks!!!

All posts here are trying to demonstrate which region is the best... Can´t you see that ALL REGIONS have good and bad things, and in the end all of them are the same???

What a joke to say: "Hey, the carnival is original from the coast and it's the most important folklorical event in the country"...... and what about the Feria de Manizales? the Feria de las Flores? The Fiesta de Blancos y Negros?......

Los últimos mensajes

Los últimos temas