"Ya" word

HOHO

Lanero Reconocido
26 May 2005
Sometimes the english people use the "ya" word....

Example:

"move ya body"
"tilt ya head back"

¿Que quiere decir "ya"?

It's a deformation of "you" and related forms... you could hear things like these:

* Move yer body (move your body)
* How 're ya? (how are you?)
* Ya'll (you all)

It's pretty much a description of spoken English... I don't think you'd write "ya" or "yer", just say it.

There Are The Diferences Between The English From The Uk And America Is'nt It???
As An Example, We Say Brother In American English But In London They Say: Brota
A Great Problem For All The World

Mr david dijo:
There Are The Diferences Between The English From The Uk And America Is'nt It???
As An Example, We Say Brother In American English But In London They Say: Brota
A Great Problem For All The World

It is a matter or different pronunciation. In english English the ending 'er' is pronunced normaly close to one 'a' in spanish with a very soft 'r' that most of the times you can't notice it. This comes for the old germanic languages.

The other big difference is the pronunciation of the 't', normaly the americans skip lot of t's while the english pronunce them. For example they pay "tueni" (twenty) bucks to browse the "Irenet" (Internet) in "At-lana" (Atlanta).

You really don't think americans speak better english than the ... english people, do you?

Some spelling diferences between american english and british english:
American: color, favorite, honor, criticize, memorize, defense, license
British: colour, favourite, honour, criticise, memorise, defence, licence

Well american english is very 'slang'

Another example is that they say Mum instead of Mom, also they do pronounce everything and don't use these (apostrofe?) they say do not instead of don't

albe! dijo:
Some spelling diferences between american english and british english:
American: color, favorite, honor, criticize, memorize, defense, license
British: colour, favourite, honour, criticise, memorise, defence, licence

Center/centre, theater/theatre, ...

DarkPoe dijo:
Well american english is very 'slang'

Another example is that they say Mum instead of Mom, also they do pronounce everything and don't use these (apostrofe?) they say do not instead of don't

And they overuse the infamous "ain't" tense.

Ever heard a british talkin'? saw Harry Potter in english? yes?
personally, the british accent is far more clear than any american red-neck accent. Heard Bush talking? that what I'm talking about...

"Ya" is short for "you", as in "Hey, ya". "ya'll" is for "you all", no matter how you look at it. Yes, "you'll" is "you will", but ya'll is for the phonetics, so the "o" in you get mixed with the phonrtic "o" in all.

Listen me, ya'll

Huh, you know nothing kiddos...

I live in the south, and DAMN I HATE these fn southerners and their accent. They add three more vowels to every single fn word... argh, it kills me...

in southern english:
"heaullaeu saeun, heauw caeun i haeulp yeau t'dey? weanna heave' sum 'taters?"
And in the Queen's english:
"Hello son, how can i help you today, want to have some potatoes?"

I know I'm exaggerating, but it's not far from the truth...

lemolina dijo:
Well, in the same way, they use "U" for meaning "you", I think.

Yes, and 4 for for and R for are. If you wanna see lots of slang just look for rap lyrics. They include lots of slang in their lyrics.

The Rat dijo:
personally, the british accent is far more clear than any american red-neck accent. Heard Bush talking? that what I'm talking about...

LOL! for me is easier to understand Bush than understand a British guy :p. Too much american TV :p

4 r and U are a little different to slang, this is more of a pop culture thing.

It's from the tap type method utilised in mobile phones that had people shortening all english possible in the written form. It is equivilant to spelling "que" as "ke" etc.

For your Information, we speak UK english in australia, not making use of the phoentic changes that the american dictionary contains, we are however made aware of the difference at school. The american spelling of words was not tolerated during my schooling, even with words such as realize (realise) and hypothesize (hypothesise).

oh, "y'all" in Australian slang, is "Youse".

Los últimos temas