The most difficult topic

angel_uro

Lanero Regular
6 Feb 2007
When i was learning english, i had a lot of troubles with passive voice, i don't know why but i just had it:(.

So which topic was the most difficult for you ?

I think the most difficult are those that involve irregular verbs. As you know, irregular verbs don't follow a specific rule so you have to memorize them and the list isn't short. I've seen that this topic is the most difficult for all English students, including me ;)

Idioms are always a difficult topic because they're linked to the culture and we have tons of different cultures. If you're not closely involved with the culture it will be always difficult to understand and memorize the idioms that they use.

angel_uro dijo:
When i was learning english, i had a lot of troubles with passive voice, i don't know why but i just had it:(.

So which topic was the most difficult for you ?

Yes this is a difficult topic for me and another topic conditional!

.: SN :. aguila dijo:
For me, the most difficult topic is the idioms. It's hard to memorize the meaning of all of them...

but the language have a elements that difficult your learning.... if you have problems with idioms, I think you should began again to learn this idiom..

for me, the most difficult topic is the "Regionalism" or like we call "modernism".. is very difficult learn that.... ex: you know... the phrase "and how" is used in NY and mean "of course"?? and I knowed :muerto: :muerto:

• Me gusta
Reacciones: 2 personas
the most difficult to learn is " slang" . sometimes when I listen to a song I have to turn to google because I don´t understand a bloody word. that gets me angry. that´s why I don´t like to listen to today´s songs .

venedan dijo:
what is your struggling with the prepositions ????
You mean, what's my struggle with the prepositions.
OK, it's just that sometimes I don't know which is the correct preposition that should be used, and I've got trouble especially with in,on and at.

don't feel too bad in, on and at are a common problem, because there is no real simple manner of knowing what is going on there.

A tip, sort out IN first, then compare that with ON then practise what is left with AT.

IN for place is quite simple to grasp, the others will fall into place after you have gotten the hang of IN.

Understand the usages in the next phrase and you will be a getting pretty damn close.

In 2 days, at 5 o'clock on tuesday, we will meet in Bogota, at the museo de Oro, on the steps.

In regards to the passives, they are pretty similar to spanish. Generally"

The object that is being acted on by the verb is voiced first. So by example.

Angel asked the question (active)
The object that is acted on by the verb here is "the question", so we start the sentence with "The question" and then use the word "was" to keep the meaning of the sentence, you will always have to use a word like "was" or "will be" when going passive.

The question was asked by Angel.

• Me gusta
Reacciones: 2 personas
As all of you say, the most difficult issue is Grammar and Syntax, even in spanish we have problems sometimes, in my case I have problems with pronunciation too.

100% Scarlatta

The most difficult for me is.....i think that the most difficult is try to have a conversation whit somebody, becuase i cant read, i cant write, but i cant hold a conversation:muerto:

I think the most difficult thing is to keep practicing. It's not ussual that we have opportunities to test our knowledge.

Like a few months ago I met an Australian guy who was traveling through south america. We talked for a while and at the end he congratulated me for my english :p.

On a side note: The Australian guy was also traveling with a german dude and the most stuning norwegian girl! like 6 feet tall, green eyes, dark hair, white skin and delicious curves! Me and my friends were all drooling over her, but we got really sad when she started to flirt with a (girl) friend of ours. It was really funny. We still tease her (our friend) to this day. :p

Los últimos temas