TOEFL exam

_CA_Alem

Lanero Reconocido
19 May 2004
Hey, i would like to know if any of you have done this exam. I am planing to do it when i go back to Colombia and it would be nice if someone could give me some advice about it.

How is the exam itself?How many points did you get? it was dificult or much easier than you expected? What is the cost to do it in Colombia?

Ok i am looking forward to read your replies

cya

I came from a bilingual school and there you had the oportunity to take it. People told me that it was very easy. For example in the test they showed you the picture of a guy paiting the roof of a house and they asked you. What is the guy doing?

That test sucks hahaha its like:

Complete the sentence:

1. Hi How Are You?:
a. Yellow
b. Apple
c. Car
d. Fine, Thank You. And You?

Hahahaha sorry... couldn't contain it

DarkPoe dijo:

Complete the sentence:

1. Hi How Are You?:
a. Yellow
b. Apple
c. Car

Yes, I know somebody in the "lo entiendo pero no lo hablo" category and he scored nicely. Out of curiosity I would like to take it one day.

Well I just took it, it costs US$140 and can be payed either by credit card (recommended option) or by wire transfer I think. There is an official Prometric test centre in Chía, at the Gimnasio Británico. Free transportation to the site is available from the school, you only need to request it. You need to take two ID documents with you (national identity card and passport, preferably). They make you sign a number of forms including a confidentiality statement so I'm not allowed to say anything about the test here :D but it can tell you that it's very much like the practice test you can download from the ETS website (www.ets.org/toefl). A new version of the test, which includes a speaking section, will be available in Colombia in 2006.

_CA_Alem dijo:
Once one has done the exam, how long does it take to have the final results?
Three to five weeks. But I have a friend who took it in October and the report hasn't arrived yet. I took mine almost four weeks ago now and haven't received any report. You can call to a number in the USA to know your score, but the call costs US$10.

fanelectronico dijo:
But the TOEFL changed this year,it's more difficult now. Now you have to sit in front a computer that tells you what you have to do
It has been like that for a while now. In most countries (Colombia included), the test is being administered in a computer room. CBT (Computer-Based testing) has been available here for a couple of years. The test itself did indeed change - in the USA, Germany and other countries, an Internet-based form is being tested, and a speaking module will be added. The new TOEFL will be available in Colombia next year.

DarkPoe dijo:

Complete the sentence:

1. Hi How Are You?:
a. Yellow
b. Apple
c. Car

duhhhhhhhhh DUHHH u deserve flamming, but not, its 31 dec so HAppy new year! ^^
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news, its difficult, dunno why ppl say itseasy, i didnt take, but my brother to go to the college, did it, ometimes it has some easy questions like:

Ex: I went to the park and have some _______ .
A. Cofee
B. Coffe
C. Coffee
D. Cofe

Ahahahhhhahah they r quite simple, but if u dont know grammar, then :s

tik0 dijo:
duhhhhhhhhh DUHHH u deserve flamming, but not, its 31 dec so HAppy new year! ^^
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news, its difficult, dunno why ppl say itseasy, i didnt take, but my brother to go to the college, did it, ometimes it has some easy questions like:

Ex: I went to the park and have some _______ .
A. Cofee
B. Coffe
C. Coffee
D. Cofe

Ahahahhhhahah they r quite simple, but if u dont know grammar, then :s
if you don't know gramar let's go to 'spanish' forum :p:p:p:p

Los últimos temas