Where were you, when the 9-11 tragedy happened?

Desde_La_Usa

Lanero Reconocido
13 Jun 2006
Greetings Cummunity of LANeros,

I was ready to start work that morning,that was at 9:00am,in Elmhurst New York(I used to check the local news, but that morning I did not) when one of my co-workers told me "Good morning Buddy, do you know what happen this morning..? my answer was no, " a plane crash into one of the twin towers , but the thing is that afther a while another plane crash into the other tower"

I open this forum, because I just see president bush saying " the United States is more safe that back 9-11, and personally I don't think so.!

Good Luck,

Juan Carlos

P/d: Thank's Mike from Australia , for your correction , "WERE" is the right one.

i was at home, sleeping, when cristianov (a friend) called me and told me what was happening, so in that moment i called my brother, than went to NY 5 days before 9-11.
i could talk him like 2 hours, up to 11am, after that just could connect into internet, later, couldnt communicate.
in the next days communication was restablished.
i went to NY on oct 22, same year, i went to the WTC, (or where was it).
i took some pictures, but an NSA agent made me erase it :(
i still have some of them, ill upload it later.

johansan dijo:
i was at home, sleeping, when cristianov (a friend) called me and told me what was happening, so in that moment i called my brother, than went to NY 5 days before 9-11.
i could talk him like 2 hours, up to 11am, after that just could connect into internet, later, couldnt communicate.
in the next days communication was restablished.
i went to NY on oct 22, same year, i went to the WTC, (or where was it).
i took some pictures, but an NSA agent made me erase it :(
i still have some of them, ill upload it later.

@johansan , That will be great to have some photos in the forum, ironically I only have two photos and I took them last February the fisrt photo is from the second floor of Mcdonald corner south, and the other one was taken in battery park of the symbol of the early attack of the world trade center.

02-10-06_1523.jpg

02-10-06_1556.jpg

Juan Carlos

I was in my school, but I was doing to work the University, the news was terrible for me.

I am silence for the memories.

That year i was in 10th grade.... afer class everybody went to a TV room in my school to watch the news... I was 16 year old.

Amazing, how time flies... I was getting ready to go to class that day... still an undergraduate student. I had no idea but then my best friend called and we talked for about 40 minutes about it... the second tower had already collapsed. I went out to the laundromat and there really was something in the air, everybody was talking about it. Such a terrible thing.

I was in high School. 10th grade. The funny thing was that I didn't know anything about New York, my friend told me "Hey, the twin towers were attacked", I said "OK". I didn't know exactly what he was talking about until I went home and saw the news. That was a very shocking scene, seeing the planes crashing into the towers, people everywhere screaming and saying "Oh My God, What are we gonna do!!?" "Ohhh Sh1t". Then, the towers collapsed. Papers flying everywhere, people running as fast as possible covered with lots of dust, Manhattan under a big cloud of dust for days. A total chaos. I couldn't stop watching TV and seeing that horrible moment. I couldn't believe that and I still can't imagine how a group of people can do such thing. Terrorists are the biggest mother fuccers ever!

Greetings Community,

This kind of news, is what really impact us , at the bottom of our soul , after reading in both forums, I wish to add another question to this forum.
What was the scene that impact you most in that day.?

For me was to see people jumping from the very top of the tower, a person to decide to commit suicide by jumping,, imagine guy's what the hell,,, was thinking this folks to do the last call.

thank you, for all the response to this forum.

Juan Carlos

Desde_La_Usa:

You level of English is really good, have you been learning from when you were little?
There are one or two little problems, mainly with some prepositions and silly english idiom (make the call). I reworded it a little, trying to emphasize your natural emotive style (which is cool). please let me know your thoughts on the writing below.

This kind of news, has a great impact on us , affecting us to the very bottom of our soul . After reading both forums, I wish to add another question to this forum.
What was the scene on that day that had the greatest impact on you?
For me, it was to see people jumping from the very top of the tower, for a person to decide to commit suicide by jumping. Imagine what the hell these folks were thinking to make the last call.

Thank you, for all the responses in this forum

Juan Carlos

For me, I was on my computer writing assignments (and chatting on IRC). I had heard on the news the day before about 50,000 bodies found in Rwanda, so I was a little nonplussed by the spectacle. It is definately a tragedy, but the damage could have een much greater had the planes hit only an hour later. Mine is a not a popular view, and I assure you I consider the loss of a single life a tradegdy ,but measured against the human toll inflicted by the US in the last 30 years this is insignifigant.

It is not justification for a war on cultural tolerance.

i was in 7th grade at highschool.,, i was in my english class, and suddenly my teacher's cellphone rang,,, was his brother saying that he was ok,, and the professor asked to his brother, why?? what happened???, THE TWIN TOWERS COLLAPSED!!!

I was in 5th grade and I was at school. I didn't know what the twin towers were and everybody at school went to the computers room to see the images. Then, in the class the teacher explained to us the real magnitude of this attack, and comments like: "The dollar price went down to 50 pesos" began to appear...
Obviously, some classmates trusted in what a boy said: " Oh, my daddy will buy a lot of cheap dollars and then we'll earn a lot of money...":rolleyes:

Edit: Thanks, EnempE for correcting my mistakes!!!

Hi,

I was buying my breakfast in my breaktime from the work, when the tv transmission begun.

Do you read a lot?, you sound like a writer ! :D thats great !

You can use "then" where I put "when", but it is a narrative technique, and is metter suited to you telling a big exciting story with lots of embelleshments and not just talking about soomething that happened.

I was in 5th grade, and I was at school. I didn't know what the twin towers were , and everybody at school went to the computer room to see the images. Then, in class the teacher explained tous the real magnitude of this attack and comments like: "The dollar price went down to 50 pesos" began to appear...

Kewl !!!!!! note that unlest you need everyone to know which school you are talking about you don't need to say THE school, school by itself is ok. That 'in' and 'at' thing is a pain for everyone ! people here mess it up sometimes.

I like hearing your stories guys !, everyone was asleep over here when it happend. It wasn't a nice thing for them all to wake up to. :S

I was in my school, 11th grade. Someone just said that one of the twin towers had been hit by an airplane, at first i thought it had been an accident, but once i got home and turned on my tv i saw it all, there had been a terrorist attack against The World trade center in New York, scenes were dramatic, fire everywhere, people crying, screaming and asking for help, a whole cloud of dust and the worst part was watching both of the towers collapse....

It was something hard to believe and something that will be never forgotten.

Cha1o dijo:
The thread's title should be "Where were you".

Also check this website if you want to share your personal opinion w/ the world and read some more.

http://www.wherewereyou.org/

I'm very Sorry that you dont agree with the title , I also do not understand why, you are doing spam in this topic, the question was simple, I you want to share your experience in that day is Ok.
If you dont know what a spam is , here it's goes one of the many definitions of the word spam : "Nobody wants it or ever asks for it. ".
In the right side you have the edit box , please correct your spam , should go something like this:
The title of this tread should be named .........?

Good Luck,

Juan Carlos

Double posting === Spam! and YOU should use the edit option when you had the chance!!!

To answer your question: I was at the college in a class when that happened.

PS: YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

I was at the University, i remember i was with some friends in a lab, ... and couple of teachers got there and turned on one big TV ... we could see the 2nd plane right when it was hitting the tower.

Los últimos temas