MOTORSPORTS (2011): NASCAR - IndyCar - MotoGP - WRC - Otros

• Iniciador del tema Miembro eliminado 44798
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
Ya mismo por Speed

Ojalá no llueva.

Acaba de terminar la carrera de IndyCar con victoria para Franchitti. Estuvo aburrida la carrera al principio con tantas banderas amarillas, una volcada de Marco Andretti y varios toques para Danica Patrick y Saavedra.

Ya después estuvo mas fluida. Muy buena carrera de Simona de Silvestro

m9vmog.jpg

Final espectacular!!! :D

De acuerdo, excelentes las ultimas vueltas.

Montoya tuvo un rendimiento muy inconsistente, le ayudó haber entrado a pits en la ultima bandera amarilla y así pudo recuperar algunos puestos con llantas frescas.

Como leí por ahí en los comentarios del blog de Diego Mejía: "De qué sirve ser rápido durante cinco vueltas si no se es consistente?"

Me gustó mucho que Harvick le haya ganado a JJ en la última vuelta. IN YOUR FACE JOHNSON!!!

La de IndyCar estuvo bacana. Lástima que Saavedra haya perdido una vuelta porque si no...

De todas maneras estas son las carreras que ayudan a llegar a la meta del Chase, aquellas en las que el carro no esta para mas pero se logra sacar un Top 10. Lastima lo de Bristol porque Montoya sigue haciendo su mejor arranque de temporada si mal no estoy.

Por publicidad debería empezar por Sprint, para coger forma y experiencia por Nationwide, eso si toca ver si es un paso a largo plazo o tan fugaz como su carrera en Rally.

Que bacano sería un Team con Montoya, Raikkonen y Villeneuve, en carros del Hendrik Motorsports!!! :D

Uhy no estoy de acuerdo ni poquito, para pasar a ver a Hendrick de ser el equipo campeon a ser un equipo medio, noooo que dolor para los fanaticos Hendrick!!!

Montoya would welcome Raikkonen

2aj8l7l.jpg

Juan Pablo Montoya says it would be good news for the sport if his former McLaren team-mate Kimi Raikkonen moves to NASCAR.

Former Formula 1 world champion Raikkonen will follow Montoya's footsteps in moving to America's most popular form of racing this year.

The former Ferrari driver would start his NASCAR foray next summer with races in the Camping World Truck Series, a national championship where some current and former Sprint Cup drivers compete against young talent.

Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson confirmed the move on Wednesday: "Kimi will drive in selected races in the NASCAR series."

Montoya, his team-mate during 26 Formula 1 grands prix, would welcome the prospect of having him race in NASCAR.

"Well, people talk a lot and I've heard the story already before, but if he's definitely coming it would be really good for him and for the sport," Montoya told AUTOSPORT.

"He would be very welcome here."

Montoya was Raikkonen's team-mate at McLaren starting in 2005, winning 10 out of the season's 19 grands prix between them.

Then in 2006 the two raced together again until the US Grand Prix at Indianapolis, right before the Colombian announced a deal to race in NASCAR's top series for Chip Ganassi in 2007.

Montoya's early departure from Formula 1 following his NASCAR announcement anticipated his stock car debut to the fall of 2006. He entered six races at lower-level stock car series before making his Sprint Cup debut in the 2006 season-finale at Homestead.

Raikkonen would be the sixth former F1 driver to attempt a move to NASCAR since Montoya announced his deal in the summer of 2006.

Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 Formula 1 world champion, has competed in 15 NASCAR events in the US between 2007 and 2010 but a full-time drive has not materialised.

Raikkonen set for May debut in Trucks

of6n0l.jpg

Former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck series debut at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 20.

Following the surprise announcement that Raikkonen will enter selected rounds of the Truck series this year, NASCAR has confirmed via Twitter that the Finn's request to enter the N.C. Education lottery 200 at Charlotte has been successful.

The 2007 F1 Champion will race with ICE1 Racing, with which he will also compete in at least eight rounds of the World Rally Championship driving a Citroen DS3.

"I'm really looking forward to get there to familiarise to the world of NASCAR," the Finn recently told the Turun Sanomat newspaper. "I know, it's a very tough and open, top racing series. Obviously, it will be very challenging and great fun for me."

Although the full details of his NASCAR deal have yet to be confirmed, it is believed Raikkonen's debut in the Truck series will lead to future participation in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series.

Con este man (Kimi) si se va comparar que tan dificil o facil es cambiar completamente de manejar carros formula a un carro de calle (con algunos cambios), son pocos los que han podido Tony Stewart, Montoya y muchos que han fallado Franchiti, Hornish, Jaques villanu.. , vamos a ver si raikkonen si puede.

Raikkonen seals Busch Truck deal!!!

2dlsuma.jpg

Kyle Busch Motorsports announced on Saturday that former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen will drive for the NASCAR Truck Series leading outfit in selected races this year, starting at Charlotte on May 20.

Contrary to previous reports, Raikkonen will not be fielding his own squad in the Truck series but driving for NASCAR star Kyle Busch, whose team has won two of the series' three races that have taken place during the 2011 season.

Raikkonen will be driving as team-mate to Busch in a limited number of races, as the former Ferrari and McLaren racer will alternate his NASCAR foray with his World Rally Championship schedule.

As AUTOSPORT reported on Friday, Raikkonen will start his NASCAR transition next week with his first test at Gresham Motorsports Park, a half-mile track where he will get his first taste of an oval.

"I am really excited to have the opportunity to start my venture into NASCAR with Kyle Busch Motorsports," said Raikkonen.

"Kyle is one of the best in NASCAR, and being able to draw on his knowledge will be a valuable asset as I make my transition to a new form of racing. He has put together an experienced team that builds fast race trucks.

"I look forward to being a part of a team that has proven to be a winner on and off the race track."

Busch was thrilled with the opportunity of having Raikkonen in his team, as he looks to help the 31-year-old in making a smooth move to NASCAR.

"We are honoured that Kimi Raikkonen, a former Formula 1 world drivers' champion and proven winner, has chosen to start his career in NASCAR with Kyle Busch Motorsports," said Busch.

"Adding one of the most talented drivers in the world is a continuation of building a team of proven winners and champions at KBM. I look forward to assisting in Kimi's transition to NASCAR as both an owner and team-mate."

The Busch team's announcement made no mention of Foster Gillett, which it had been suggested would be a partner in Raikkonen's NASCAR move.

De rumores a contrato pasaron muy pocos dias. Ahora a esperar como le va a Kimi en su debut, ojalá que bien y que no se emborrache mucho en USA :p

Muy buena la carrera, sobre todo esas ultimas 10 vueltas. almenos Montoya logro remontar despues de llevar una vuelta perdida y llego de 4 =)

PD: alguien sabe donde esta el video de lo que paso con el corredor de la copa Chevrolet montana?

Muy buena la carrera, sobre todo esas ultimas 10 vueltas. almenos Montoya logro remontar despues de llevar una vuelta perdida y llego de 4 =)

PD: alguien sabe donde esta el video de lo que paso con el corredor de la copa Chevrolet montana?

Gustavo Sondermann: R.I.P.

Estaban corriendo en Interlagos, Brasil, con la pista mojada!!!

Tremendo estrellón!!! :(

Última edición por un moderador:
Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Los últimos temas