The best way to practice English

Well folks...I'm an English teacher and I strongly believe that the best way to practice English (Basically Reading and Listening, maybe some speaking too) is by watching movies with Engish subtitles and trying to repeat every sentence you catch; it worked for me when I was at the university, and it should worked for most of you...that's my opinion. Greetings!!!

Friendly,

Carlos Figueroa.
Hello Carlos! I fully agree with you. I did they same thing you did when I was studying the English teaching career, nevertheless, it is important to adquire Grammar, and the only way to do it, is by practicing it!
=) There is a mistake in one of your sentences "it should worked for..." The correct way to write it is "it should work for..." ok
Regards!

Cool!!! so, we can practice and ask you what mistakes make at the time to write. is so good. and Welcome!!
regards!

Hi! Yes, indeed. The best way do develope language is by practicing it. If you have questions for me regarding to this language, please do not hesitate!

Here you have your first mistake.
you wrote this " What mistakes make at the time to write".
The correct one is this "what mistakes we make when writing it".
regards!!!=)

"Not everything that is faced can be changed,
but nothing can be changed until it is faced."

"The ordinary teacher speaks. The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

"Teachers touch the future".=)

alexmuñekin, you've just made this mistake twice: regarding to.

The correct way is regarding, related to, or compared with.

Greetings =)

good afternoon. Well i'm a person that not know very much english but, I liked the option that all yours having here, that I dueth is read text in english and the words that I don't know inmediatly I look in the dictionary and this form I learn a new words. respectly to watch tv it's a great idea, because learn the pronuntiation and practice.

pd. sorry but I don't very good so english

good afternoon. Well i'm a person that not know very much english but, I liked the option that all yours having here, that I dueth is read text in english and the words that I don't know inmediatly I look in the dictionary and this form I learn a new words. respectly to watch tv it's a great idea, because learn the pronuntiation and practice.

pd. sorry but I don't very good so english

Magnificent! it does not matter how much you know, but what you are willing to do to improve it. keep going!

I want study English at a academy. Any recomendation in Medellin... remember, good and no expensive... je je je... with this menssage I feel as a children!!! :p

Here you have your first mistake.
you wrote this " What mistakes make at the time to write".
The correct one is this "what mistakes we make when writing it".
regards!!!

I acostum to write with few writings laws. maybe you see my mistakes. thank ;)
regards!

Thanks Oesoto and Slayer... You know how is the price of semester or nivel?
I think that a good way to learn english can be impress the lyrics of the favorits songs and practice the pronunciation... is ok?

i use teamspeak for that, i take my mic and chat with ppl while playing online games,

this is my teamspeak if ya wanna check out : ts9.gameservers.com:8816
u'll need teamspeak client-----> google it :D

regards

Hello Carlos! I fully agree with you. I did they same thing you did when I was studying the English teaching career, nevertheless, it is important to adquire Grammar, and the only way to do it, is by practicing it!
=) There is a mistake in one of your sentences "it should worked for..." The correct way to write it is "it should work for..." ok
Regards!

Well I think it was a typing mistake.. thanks anyway!!!

B.T.W: You haven't answered my question??? You said you were an English Professor... then I asked you "Are you a Professor or just a Teacher???" because they aren't the same thing my friend...I guess you know that...Geeetings!!!

Atte: Carlos Figueroa.

You said you were an English Professor... then I asked you "Are you a Professor or just a Teacher???" because they aren't the same thing my friend...I guess you know that...Geeetings!!!

Someone can be both teacher and professor simultaneously. If you work at a school in the morning shift and is also member of a given faculty at a university in the evening shift.

Greetings and happy new year =)

how to improve your pronuncaition
Here's How:
Learn the following rules concerning pronunciation.
English is considered a stressed language while many other languages are considered syllabic.
In other languages, such as French or Italian, each syllable receives equal importance (there is stress, but each syllable has its own length).
English pronunciation focuses on specific stressed words while quickly gliding over the other, non-stressed, words.
Stressed words are considered content words: Nouns e.g. kitchen, Peter - (most) principle verbs e.g. visit, construct - Adjectives e.g. beautiful, interesting - Adverbs e.g. often, carefully
Non-stressed words are considered function words: Determiners e.g. the, a - Auxiliary verbs e.g. am, were - Prepositions e.g. before, of - Conjunctions e.g. but, and - Pronouns e.g. they, she
Read the following sentence aloud: The beautiful Mountain appeared transfixed in the distance.
Read the following sentence aloud: He can come on Sundays as long as he doesn't have to do any homework in the evening.
Notice that the first sentence actually takes about the same time to speak well!
Even though the second sentence is approximately 30% longer than the first, the sentences take the same time to speak. This is because there are 5 stressed words in each sentence.
Write down a few sentences, or take a few example sentences from a book or exercise.
First underline the stressed words, then read aloud focusing on stressing the underlined words and gliding over the non-stressed words.
Be surprised at how quickly your pronunciation improves! By focusing on stressed words, non-stressed words and syllables take on their more muted nature.
When listening to native speakers, focus on how those speakers stress certain words and begin to copy this.
Tips:
Remember that non-stressed words and syllables are often "swallowed" in English.
Always focus on pronouncing stressed words well, non-stressed words can be glided over.
Don't focus on pronouncing each word. Focus on the stressed words in each sentence.

Happy New Year!!!!!

Well I think it was a typing mistake.. thanks anyway!!!

B.T.W: You haven't answered my question??? You said you were an English Professor... then I asked you "Are you a Professor or just a Teacher???" because they aren't the same thing my friend...I guess you know that...Geeetings!!!

Indeed, I have not answered your question, and I perfectly know both definitions. The intenion of this forum is merely educative, at least it is for me, therefore I do not have any interest in giving any explanation.

• Me gusta
Reacciones: 2 personas

Los últimos temas