The best way to practice English

i did learn english (at least most of it) in videogames (believe it or not), and in TV shows, and i haven't go to another country (not with english like primary language).

PD: my post can be full of mistakes but you get the idea.

C U

Mistakes you have made:
"I haven't gone", but you should have written "I haven't been to" or "I have never been to"

"not with English like" use as instead

and few others

But I got the idea, though and that's what really matters

jeeez, you're reinventing the wheel :muerto:
all_your_base.jpg

Web to learn English free

http://www.usalearns.org

Is free, and you need only to register (to can save your work, and see your progress), and choose the right level for your course.

USALearns.org was a project conceived by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), Division of Adult Education and Literacy (DAEL).

DAEL promotes programs that help American adults get the basic skills they need to be productive workers, family members, and citizens.

These programs emphasize basic skills such as reading, writing, math, English language competency and problem-solving.

FREE:-p

Archivos adjuntos

• usalearns.org.JPG
    usalearns.org.JPG
    72 KB · Visitas: 310
You can Learn english, receiving classes, reading text, listening songs, and translating text. So i'm sure that is such necessary get in into environment in which all people speak in english, and if you wanna go to other country, Try dont speak never in spanish, is the worst thing you can do.!!! believeme. Find a city where dont arrive much latin american. Greeting.

Best way to learn English is... watch movies :D with Spanish subtitles..

Or get an American girl and marry her (get a green card on the way) :D haha.. worked for me.

Playing mmos helps too

ja ja, really funny, but true, In my experience, I can confirm that the only way to practice and improve your english level, is by the means of sharing your time with people whose only alternative to comunicate with you is this languge, other than that you won't get achievements at the pace you would like to

so there's no one interested in this topic anymore?

I'd liket to ask, who thinks the user manuals can help us practice, is it a dumb idea, or is it to me that sometimes yo can encounter that special word that needs a dictionary research

i think the best way to get english better is.. reading the songs lyrics!! u will be asking about the meaning of the lyric and then u will find using a translator or something like that!! u learn new words and if u pay atention while u are listening the song u know how is the pronuntiation !!!

i cut the words! YOU TO U O .. ARE ..TO RE!! xD

I think that if we watch a lot of movies we are going to learn so much about pronuntiation and unknown words the same time we are going to practice listening and repeating some dialogues.
Escrito desde www.LANeros.mobi (Nokia5200/2.0 (03.70) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I think the better way is translating songs... but in this way: you can listen a song and find the lyrics... then you translate the song, but don't pay attention to the translated words, pay attention instead to the meaning of the song, generally every song its divided in 3 or 4 parts that send differents messages kinda related.

So... when you know what the song is about... everytime you listen it you practice your listening (stating the obvious :p) but everytime you tried to remember the song phrase by phrase (this only work if you don't know the song) you can't remember it completely... but you have a concept in your mind, that's gonna develop your speech skills...

Of course reading news, watching movies and all that stuff its gonna help, and a lot of practice!!! that's the way I learn by myself, I don't know... maybe it sounds complicated but is a really good exercise to improve.

About chemes said... to improve the vocabullary its gonna work better reading, the TV is not a good source, because oftenly they used basic conversational english, and even slang terms...

That's my two cents :p

Mistakes you have made:
"I haven't gone", but you should have written "I haven't been to" or "I have never been to"

"not with English like" use as instead

and few others

But I got the idea, though and that's what really matters

I think THIS is the best way to learn English (written English of course :p), but pronunciation is something that you cannot forget. I'm almost to finish my 6th year course related to tourism and I think that I NEED to know more about this language.
What I do to "catch" the language is singing (trying at least :p) songs in English, it doesn't matter if it's in British or American or another kind of accent, the important thing is trying to imitate the pronunciation of the singer and see how the words are located.
I read some articles or some novels in the course, and I like reading some information in English because (sometimes) it's easier to understand (several times in the translations makes you doubt), and I love watching films in its original language (of course with subtitles).

See you later =)

Los últimos temas